不论是在口语交流时，还是在书面写作中，连接词 “linkers” 无处不在。掌握连接词的用法可以帮你在写作和交流时更好地组织语言，并使行文或表达更流畅、逻辑联系更紧密。常见的连接词有 “simultaneously、similarly、meanwhile、essentially、as a matter of fact”。在这些词语中，哪些可以用来说明事情发生的时间和持续的时长相同？哪些可以在句子中起到强调特定信息的作用？哪个词可用来比较不同事物之间的共同点？做八道题，测一测你对英语中连接词的理解程度。
1. _______ he wasn’t interested in computer science, but then changed his mind when he studied it at school.
2. The two football matches were shown _______ on two screens.
3. Although she played a few live shows, _______ she was a film music composer.
4. Some say when a country’s economy is failing, this _______ leads to a rise in crime rates.
5. The cost of living in a small town is much cheaper than a big city, but wages are _______ lower.
6. The high school students were _______ dressed in their uniforms.
7. A: Have you seen Carlos lately?
B: _______ I had lunch with him yesterday.
b) As a matter of fact
8. Bo is starting a new job with an accountancy firm next month. _______ she is having a holiday in Dubai.
a) As a matter of fact
1) c, 2) a, 3) d, 4) b, 5) d, 6) a, 7) b, 8) d.